My mom makes the most amazing Christmas cake in the world; it’s been a tradition in our family for as long as I can remember. First, she mixes up a light, fluffy, vanilla cake mix, pours it into the pans and then pops it in the oven. After it’s been baked, she stacks the cake in two layers with whipped cream spread generously between each layer. She then pours on red and green Jell-O, which gets soaked up inside the cake. Next, whipped cream is smothered all the way around for frosting. And finally, she garnishes it with red and green sprinkles. A few red and green-striped candy canes are stuck in the top as the finishing touch, and off it goes to the refrigerator so it can be served chilled later.
Now let me tell you, as a bodybuilder, I have a lot of discipline. But when that moist, delicious, red and green, Jell-O-filled, whipped-cream covered cake is sitting on the table in front of me on December 25th, it takes every ounce of my willpower to keep from calling it a “VERY high carb day” and devouring numerous very large slices.
1. Expect to stay on your program over the holidays
2. Plan all your workouts in advance
3. Set some compelling training and fitness goals over the holiday period
4. Give yourself permission to have “free meals” - and schedule them in
5. If you fall off the wagon, get right back on it
6. Maintain your consistent eating schedule
7. Control your portion sizes
2. Small amounts of anything – even junk food – will NOT get stored as fat if you stay in a calorie deficit.
8. Don’t buy into the low standards and expectations of others
9. Make the best choices possible in every situation.
10. If you drink, enjoy alcohol in moderation
Train hard and expect success!Tom Venuto,
Burn The Fat Feed The Muscle
Author of NEW
The Holy Grail Body Transformation Program
Founder & CEO of
Burn The Fat Inner Circle
About the author:Tom Venuto is the author of the #1 best seller, Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle: Fat Burning Secrets of the World’s Best Bodybuilders and Fitness Models. Tom is a lifetime natural bodybuilder and fat loss expert who achieved an astonishing 3.7% body fat level without drugs or supplements. Discover how to increase your metabolism and burn stubborn body fat, find out which foods burn fat and which foods turn to fat, plus get a free fat loss report and mini course by visiting Tom's site at: www.BurnTheFat.com
He is also the author and body transformation expert of the BRAND NEW Holy Grail Body Transformation Program.